VA License #: 0019016216
Policies & Procedures
- First Visit: Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to make sure there is ample time for you to fill out an in-take form and give time for us to discuss your goals for the session.
- Cancellation: In you need to cancel your appointment please do so within 24 hours, the best way to do so is to call me to ensure I am aware of the situation.
- Timeliness: Due to scheduling conflicts, it is expected that you arrive on time or early to receive the full session. If you arrive late, you will receive your session with the leftover time allotted and will be charged full price.
- Professionalism: The sessions that are offered are held to the utmost level of professionalism. They are one-on-one and private in nature. Any sexual advances made is a cause for termination of the session and restrictions may be put in place for further sessions. Payment in full is expected at the time of the session.
- Presentation: I ensure cleanliness of myself and the space - and that is also expected of the client. Please show up to the session with a clean body and clear of intoxication of drugs and alcohol when receiving treatment.
- Contraindications: A session may be canceled at my discretion if there are any conditions that may be harmful to address through massage therapy. Some examples include broken bones, open wounds, extreme sunburns, internal bleeding, unattended prolonged pain that is out of the scope of massage therapy, energy, or bodywork. Call if you have any questions.
- Draping: During a session you may choose to have the body fully unclothed. Unless the area is being addressed there will be utmost care to respect the privacy by using blankets and towels. It is up to you if you would like to leave any items of clothing on.
- Confidentiality: All information is kept between the practitioner and the client for use towards record keeping and future sessions. There is no information shared outside the scope of the client/practitioner relationship and all forms are kept private.
- Payment: Payment is expected at the time of service. Gratuity is appreciated and commonplace. Check or cash are the preferred form of payment.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Shelly Kaplan, BS, LMT, BCTMB
178 S Mason St
Harrisonburg, VA 22801